This is a reminder that some important changes are being made to Homefinder Somerset this summer. This includes improvements to the website and the online application form. These changes are being made following feedback received from people registered with Homefinder Somerset and organisations who work with them.
What the changes will mean for applicants
Applicants have been advised via bulk email, web message and a notice on the Homefinder Somerset website that:
- No homes will be advertised next week (week beginning Monday 26th July). Homes will be advertised again from Wednesday 4th August.
- It is currently not possible to make changes to their application. Applicants will be able to make changes to their application again from Monday 2nd August.
- From tomorrow (23rd July) it will not be possible to send web messages from their Homefinder Somerset account. Applicants have been advised to contact their local housing team if needed
Applicants have been advised that the changes will not affect their application. Applicants will keep the same Band and be able to bid for the same size of homes as now.
Whilst there will be some temporary disruption as the changes are being made, the changes will see the following benefits for people seeking a home:
- Applicants will be able to set up Property Alerts. If homes are being advertised that match what someone is looking for they will receive an email to let them know
- There will be a simplified application form
- The Homefinder Somerset website will be updated to make it easier to use. The new website has been largely been developed (the property search functionality is still to be done) – please click here to see what it will look like. Please note that the website address will remain the same (www.homefindersomerset.co.uk)
Please see below a reminder of the key dates for the transfer:
- Monday 2nd August: The new website & back office system will go live. Applicants will again be able to update an existing application or submit a new application.