An important message from Great Western Railway 12th September 2019
On Sunday 15 December, we’ll be introducing the biggest timetable change on our network since 1976, bringing faster, more frequent services with more seats across the region.
· Around three quarters of journey times will be changing as we add new services and change old ones as part of the improvements. You can get more information and sign up for alerts on GWR.com/Timetable2019
· Electrification work to Cardiff will affect train services on various weekends until Sunday 20 October. For more information on this please use GWR.com/Electrification
· Track renewals to upgrade the line between Warminster and Romsey will affect train services via Salisbury at weekends in September and October. For more information, please visit GWR.com/Wessex.
· Tunnel and track maintenance in the Taunton area will affect train services between Weston-super-mare or Castle Cary and Tiverton Parkway from Saturday 9 to Thursday 14 November. For more information on this please visit GWR.com/Taunton
· At Christmas, trains via Salisbury will also be affected by upgrade work on Friday 27 December. Other upgrades over the festive period will affect train services to/from London Paddington, South Wales and Gatwick Airport. For more information, please visit GWR.com/Christmas.
If I can provide you with more detailed information about any of these developments, please don’t hesitate to let me know, or you may find that our overall upgrade page GWR.com/Upgrade has the answers you need
The new timetable is now less than 100 days away. It is a very significant change.