Advice from Somerset County Council; please pass on to anyone you know without internet access:
Vaccines: Be aware of fraudsters
Action Fraud is warning the public to remain vigilant as criminals begin to take advantage of the roll out of the coronavirus vaccine to commit fraud.
• The vaccine is free of charge.
• The NHS will never ask you for your bank account or card details.
• The NHS will never ask you for your PIN or banking password.
• The NHS will never arrive unannounced to your home to administer the vaccine.
• The NHS will never ask you to prove your identity by sending copies of personal documents such as your passport, driving licence, bills or pay slips.
• If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
• If you are suspicious about an email you have received, forward it to [email protected].
• Suspicious text messages should be forwarded to the number 7726, which is free of charge.
• If you believe you are the victim of a fraud, please report this to Action Fraud as soon as possible by calling 0300 123 2040 or visiting www.actionfraud.police.uk