Cary’s Children’s Carnival takes from 3 pm on Saturday 8 October and our Illuminated Carnival takes place from 7 pm on Saturday 15 October.
The Fun Fair will be in town, on the Fairfield, from 12 to 15 October.
The 64-page annual Carnival Programme is available in several Cary shops, still only £1 and packed with information about this year’s processions.
For latest information about this year’s Cary Carnivals, look at our web site and Facebook page (and ‘like’ us to stay in touch!):
Web site: http://www.castlecary-carnival.org.uk/
Please note that, on each Carnival day, road closures will be in place around our Procession routes.
For the Children’s Carnival, road closures will be in place from 3 pm to 4 pm at these points around the town:
- The junction at South Cary Lane (diverting traffic down South Cary Lane)
- The junction of High Street and Ansford Lane(diverting traffic up Ansford Lane)
- The junction of Station Road and Victoria Road (diverting traffic up Victoria Road)
- The junction of Park Street and Millbrook Gardens (at Phillips Garage)
For the Illuminated Carnival, road closures will be in place from 6.30 pm until around 11 pm at these points outside the town:
- The A371 / A359 at Grove Cross (crossroads to Bruton and Wincanton)
- The turnpike at the A359 / B3152 (off the Galhampton/Sparkford road)
- The junction of the A371 / B3152 (at the bottom of Ansford Hill)
- The junction of Torbay Road and Station Road (the top of Torbay Road)
Road closures will also be in place from 6.30pm until around 11pm on the Carnival Route itself:
- The junction of Millbrook Gardens / Park Street(at Phillips Garage)
- At Station Road before the West Park turning
- The A371 at the top of Ansford Hill(after the Tuckers Lane turning)
CCACS Press Officer